- Will all new Altel prepaid subscribers be entitled for the Free 300MB data for 15 days?
Yes. All new Altel prepaid subscribers (including MNP) who activates their line from 15th October 2015 onwards will receive the Free 300MB data upon first call activation.
- How will I know if the 300MB is already activated and how do I check the quota utilization?
You will receive the below activation SMS and you can also check the utilization by USSD Dial *102# or SMS BAL to 25835.
English : “RM0. TQ for your activation & Congratulations! You have received 300MB of High Speed Internet valid for 15 days. T&C applies. Info dial *102# or visit altel.my”
- Will I be able to purchase a new mobile broadband plan while the Free 300MB is still active?
Yes. You will be able to purchase another mobile broadband plan without forfeiting your existing Free 300MB plan and your internet utilization will always be drawn from the Free 300MB plan quota first.
- Will I be notified once Free 300MB expires?
Yes. You will receive SMS notification
English : “RM0. Your Free 300MB data validity has expired at HH:MM:SS DD/MM/YYYY. Please dial *102#, select Broadband to subscribe.”
- Will all new Altel prepaid subscribers be entitled for the Extended Validity 365 days with first single reload RM50 or above within first 30 days from activation?
Yes. All new Altel prepaid subscribers will enjoy the Extended Validity 365 days with first single reload of RM50 or above within first 30 days from 15th October 2015 onwards.
- Will I receive my Extended Validity 365 days immediately after reload of RM50 within the first 30 days from activation?
No, the Extended Validity 365 days will be activated within 7 days from the day you performed the RM50 reload.
- Will I be notified when I received the Extended Validity 365 days?
Yes, you will received the following SMS notification and you can also performed check status via USSD *102# > Account Management
“English :RM0. TQ for your reload. You can now stay connected for 365 more days with Altel, valid till DD/MM/YYYY. T&Cs Apply. Visit altel.my”
- Will I be entitled for the Extended Validity 365 days if my first reload is below RM50 or for accumulative reload amount of RM50?
No, Extended Validity 365 days validity is ONLY applicable with first single reload of RM50 or above within first 30 days of activation.
- After receiving the Extended Validity 365 days will I still need to reload RM30 within the first 6 months as per the normal chargeable RM28 extended validity service?
No. You will not be required to reload RM30 within the first 6 month in order to enjoy the Extended Validity 365 days. For the normal chargeable RM28 extended validity service, you will be required to reload RM30 within the first 6 months to enjoy the 365 days validity extension.
- If I have already received the reload bonus of Extended Validity 365 days, will I be able to subscribe to another Extended Validity at RM28?
As per current pre-requisite, you can subscribe to the RM28 Extended Validity as long as you have sufficient credit and current validity is less than 90 days
- Is the requirement of reload of RM50 or above plus 6% GST?
Minimum single reload of RM50 plus 6% GST. Total amount to be paid RM53 (GST inclusive). For subscriber who is subjected to 6% GST, they will still enjoy the free extended validity 365 days with SINGLE reload of RM50 (Airtime RM47.17 GST RM2.8)
- What is the effective date of 365 days validity?
365 days validity will be calculated starting from the actual date of the single reload of RM50 or above.
1. What happens to the balance credits from my previous service provider? Will it be carried forward?
No. Your credit from your previous provider will be forfeited. Please ensure you have used up all the credits before switching. Please ensure your account remains active during this process.
2. Why is my switching application rejected?
You will need to check with your current service provider. Some of the reasons:
a) Account inactive
b) Wrong information e.g. wrong NRIC identification provided
c) Your current number is not registered under your own name and MyKad/passport no.
d) Your account is a postpaid supplementary line
e) Your current phone is tied to any contract
f) You have not settled all your current phone bills
g) You’re barred by any telco
3. Is there any cost for MNP?
There will be no switching fee. It’s free.
4. When is the effective date for the FREE MNP application?
The FREE MNP started on 26 May 2015 onwards and you can visit any of ALTEL Exclusive Outlets or VIP Outlets or CUG Distributors
5. I have switched to ALTEL prior to 26 May 2015. Can I claim back the amount that I have paid for the MNP?
No, you are not entitled to claim for any reimbursement which is done before 26 May 2015.
6. I have switched to ALTEL but I am being charged for it. Shouldn’t it be FREE?
Yes, it should be at no charge. Please assist us to provide the following details to email@example.com or 603 26133888
- Date and Time of the incident>
- Your mobile phone number and your telco (donor)
- Name of Shop and its location
- How much did they charge for the MNP? Any receipt?
7. I went to your Exclusive Outlet / VIP Outlet / CUG Distributors as per listing in your website. When I request to switch to ALTEL, the dealer claims they cannot do it.
All our Exclusive Outlets VIP Outlets and CUG Distributors are authorised to do Mobile Number Portability (MNP) submission. We need to investigate this complaint and please assist us to provide the following to firstname.lastname@example.org or 603 26133888
- Date and Time of the incident
- Name of Shop and its location
8. Since the MNP is FREE, will there be any preloaded value in the simcard?
Yes, the preloaded value is RM5 credits and the customer can enjoy it once they have made the first call.
9. I didn’t receive my bank’s transaction authorization code (TAC)?
Your TAC will be updated with ALTEL within 5 business days upon successful switch from your previous service provider. As a result, you can’t transact if the transaction requires a TAC.
- What is the Share Kredit service?
The Share Kredit is a service which allows Altel prepaid subscriber to Airtime transfer or Airtime request for airtime/credit from another Altel subscriber.
- Who is eligible for this service?
All new and existing Altel subscribers can use this service but airtime sender must be in active validity state. Recipient in active or suspended state will be able to received the share credit.
- Do I need to have a minimum credit balance to enjoy this service? If yes, how much?
Yes, the Sender will require a minimum credit balance of RM3 after the Share Kredit transfer.. If Sender do not have enough credit, our system will request Sender to make a sufficient reload to continue the subscription process.
- If the recipient of the Share Kredit with active status but have RM0.00 remaining credit, can he/she still use the service?
Yes, the Recipient can still receive Airtime Transfer as well as request for Airtime Request.
- What are the charges like?
Please refer to the table below: Airtime Transfer and Request
|SHARE KREDIT AMOUNT||VALIDITY||SERVICE FEE|
|RM3||1 Day||RM0.50 (APPLY TO BOTH SENDER ONLY)|
|RM5||2 Days||RM0.50 (APPLY TO BOTH SENDER ONLY)|
|RM15||5 Days||RM0.50 (APPLY TO BOTH SENDER ONLY)|
|RM25||7 Days||RM0.50 (APPLY TO BOTH SENDER ONLY)|
|*Your account validity will only be updated if it is shorter than Share Kredit validity|
- Is there a limit in number of times I can use this service?
Yes, there is a limit where you can only use Airtime share not more than 2 times in a day. A subscriber can performed maximum 2 credit transfer in a day.
- What can I use the Share Kredit for?
The credit can be used for all services including subscriptions.
- Why is there a limit on the Share Kredit amount, validity and number of transfer?
Share kredit service is provided to allow subscriber to send or receive airtime in case of emergencies and it is not meant to alternative channel for airtime topup.
- How can I use this service?
- DIAL *102# press call, select Option 6 for Airtime Share and Option 1 for the Airtime Transfer
- SEND SMS “ATT ,” to 25835 i.e SMS ATT 3 0113201234
- DIAL *102# press call, select Option 6 for Airtime Share and Option 2 for the Airtime Request
- SEND SMS “ATR ,” to25835 i.e SMS ATR 3 0113201234
- How do I calculate the validity period of the Share Kredit?
The validity period start from the time of successful airtime transfer to recipient.
- How can I check the remaining Share Kredit balance?
- DIAL *102# press call, select Option 1 for Account Management and Option 1 for Balance Enquiry.
- SEND SMS BAL to 25835.
- If the recipient have remaining balance the airtime received will be accumulated
- If my main account validity is longer that the duration of the airtime share validity received which validity will it follow?
If your main account validity is longer the account validity will remain unchanged. Only if your main account validity is shorter than the airtime share validity the validity will be updated based on the airtime share validity.
- Will I be notified when my Share Kredit is successfully processed?
Yes, SMS notification will be send to both Share Kredit Sender and Recipient:
- Airtime Transfer Sender : Your Airtime transfer of RMX to 01XXXXXXXXX is successful. RMX.XX is charged from your account. Your new balance is RMXX.XX
- Airtime Transfer Recipient: 01XXXXXXXXX has transferred RMX.XX to you. Dial *102# to check yr new balance
- Airtime Request Requestor : Your airtime request of RMX from 01XXXXXXXXX is successful. Dial *102# to check yr new balance
- Airtime Request Sender : Airtime request of RMX by 01XXXXXXXXX is successful. RMX.XX has been charged from your account. Your new balance is RMXX
- What will happen if I send wrong keyword is entered for Share Kredit?
You will receive the following notification: “Invalid command. For help, please type ATT HELP and send to 25835.”
- What is Altel Prepaid?
Altel is the latest prepaid mobile service that allows you to make calls, send text messages via SMS or use data services.
- What are the services provided?
Altel provides prepaid telephony services such as Voice and SMS, mobile Data and IDD calls.
- Where can I purchase an Altel SIM Pack?
You can purchase Altel SIM Packs at all major outlets nationwide. Just look for the Altel logo at an outlet near you.
- How much does an Altel SIM pack cost?
Altel SIM packs are sold at a retail price of RM7 each and comes pre-loaded with RM5 worth of airtime credit.
- What is the validity of the SIM pack?
All Altel SIM packs come with 30 days of validity upon successful registration. You must reload by the 30th day to ensure services are not disrupted.
- Where can I reload Altel credit?
You can reload Altel credit at all major outlets nationwide. Just look out for the Altel logo at an outlet near you.
- What are the Altel reload denominations and validity?
Altel reload denominations are priced at RM5, RM10, RM30 and RM50. Validity
RM5 – 5 days
RM10 – 20 days
RM30 – 60 days
RM50 – 90 days
- What is Altel 4G LTE?
LTE or Long Term Evolution is a wireless high speed data technology that allows mobile users to connect to the Internet at high speeds.4G is a Standard in Mobile Network Technology and stands for “Fourth Generation”-the latest after 2G and 3G which gives you a faster and rich internet experience. With 4G LTE hi-speeds, you will notice a clear difference in speed and connection quality when downloading files, video-chatting, playing online games and streaming HD videos.
- What is the difference between GPRS, EDGE, 3G and 4G?
- GPRS : refers to a service on the 2G network that provides basic data up to 56kbps (similar to dial-up speeds)
- EDGE: It is a 2.5G technology. It is an enhancement of the 2G technology which provides higher data transfer rates compared to GPRS (the default on 2G).The speeds can go up to 144kbps
- 3G technology provides faster / higher data transfer rates compared to the 2G network (EDGE & GPRS).This technology can theoretically offer speeds between 1-10Mbps
- 4G is technology that rides on LTE platform and is the latest in the world of mobile data transfer. It is the next generation of mobile communications. Currently it is the most advanced technology available. Theoretical data downlink speeds range between 10-50 Mbps.
- What is the typical speed of LTE?
Theoretically, 4G LTE speed is 10 times faster than 3G. Under normal circumstances, download speed is between 10 – 20Mbps while upload speed is between 5 – 10Mbps. The speed may vary between users and it is subject to the device used, hardware and software limitations, geographical location, traffic, source of the website or contents etc.
- Where can customers experience 4G LTE?
Altel 4G LTE is now available at all major areas across the country. For further details please check at Altel’s website.
- How do I subscribe to 4G LTE and what will I need to take advantage of it?
You will need a 4G LTE-enabled device and a 64K USIM.
What is USIM? A USIM (Universal Subscriber Identity Module) card is a SIM card for 3G and 4G services. USIM provides enhanced features when compared to SIM, for example enhanced security, memory, etc.
- Currently I am using a 32K SIM card. Can I still enjoy Altel’s 4G LTE?
You will need to replace your 32K SIM with a 64K USIM. SIM replacement is free.
- How do I know when I am connected to Altel’s 4G LTE?
When you are connected to 4G LTE, the 4G or LTE icon will be displayed on your device screen.
- Why can’t I connect to Altel’s 4G LTE / Why don’t I have 4G signal?
There are a few possibilities. Make sure you check the followings:
- You are within Altel’s 4G LTE coverage area,
- You are using a registered Altel 64K USIM
- You are subscribed to Altel’s 1GB or above Mobile Broadband package
- Your phone/device is LTE compliant
- What happens if I move into an area which has no 4G LTE coverage?
In areas where Altel’s 4G LTE has not been deployed, you will be switched to 3G connectivity.
- What are the Mobile Broadband packages or rate plans available for Altel’s 4G LTE and what is the rate for each plan?
The rate plans currently available are:
- 1 GB at RM25
- 2 GB at RM42
- 3 GB at RM58
- 5 GB at RM80
- In layman’s terms, what sort of usage can I expect with 1GB data when subscribed Altel’s 4G LTE?
Generally the consumption of 1GB of data is equivalent to retrieving of 20,000 emails, surfing 3,000 webpages, or downloading 500 songs or 100 videos.
This is based on the average given below:
One email at 0.05MB
One webpage at 0.3MB
One song at 2MB
One short video at 10MB
- What is the BIG DATA PLAN?
The BIG DATA PLAN is a subscription based mobile Internet plan that comes with 3GB and 5GB data quota options.
- What are the charges like?
Please refer to the table below:
INTERNET PLAN PRICE / CHARGE VALIDITY 3GB RM58 30 days 5GB RM80 30 days
- Do I need to have a minimum credit balance to subscribe to this plan? If yes, how much?
Yes, you do. Please refer to the points below:
- For the 3GB plan, you will need a minimum credit balance of RM58
- For the 5GB plan, you will need a minimum credit balance of RM80
- Who can subscribe to this plan?
All new and existing Altel subscribers can subscribe to this plan as long as they have enough credit. If you do not have enough credit, our system will request you to make a sufficient reload to continue the subscription process.
- I am an existing broadband customer; can I subscribe to this plan?
Yes, you can. You can subscribe to this plan after you have exhausted your existing quota.
- How do I subscribe to this plan?
- SEND SMS “MB 3GB” to 25835 or USSD *102# press call, select Option 2 for Broadband and Option 4 for the 3GB plan
- SEND SMS “MB 5GB” to 25835 or USSD *102# press call, select Option 2 for Broadband and Option 5 for the 5GB plan
- What is the validity period of this plan and how do I calculate the subscription validity period until the plan is updated?
The validity period is 30 days and begins the moment you subscribe. You can now calculate your subscription validity period for 30 days from the day of your subscription.
- What are the Internet quotas offered by this plan?
3GB and 5GB
- What happens if I have exhausted the quota allocated while still within the validity period? Will I be charged extra for additional usage?
If you have run out of a quota while still within your validity period, you will be charged 5 sen per MB for additional usage.
- How will I know if I have exceeded my quota? Is there a way to check my balance?
You can check your data usage by sending “MB BAL” to 25835
- Will my subscription be terminated automatically at the end of the 30-day period?
Yes, your data subscription will end automatically after 30 days.
- Will I be notified when my subscription is successfully updated?
Once you have successfully subscribed to the plan, our system will send this message:
- For 3GB plan:
“Thank you for subscribing to 3GB plan. Your plan is valid until xxx” (after 30days date of activation).”
- For 5GB plan:
“Thank you for subscribing to 5GB plan. Your plan is valid until xxx” (after 30days date of activation).”
- For 3GB plan:
- Can I cancel this subscription?
Yes, you can. Simply send “MB STOP” to 25835
- What are the data charges should I cancel my subscription to this plan?
Once you cancel this subscription, you will be charged 5sen per MB for data usage.
- How do I reload credit into my account if I’m using a tablet, dongle or MiFi?
You can reload credit into your account via Internet banking and Maybank2U or CIMBClick. You can also use your mobile phone to top up your credit.
- If I have run out of credit but am still active on BIG DATA with available and unused data quota, can I access the Internet?
Yes, you can.
- What will happen if a code that was previously used or the wrong keyword is entered to activate the MB?
You will receive the following notification:
“Invalid command. Please try again. Send MB HELP to 25835 for more information”
- What is GST?
GST which stand for Goods and Services Tax is a consumption tax levied on the supply of goods and services in Malaysia. GST is a broad based consumption tax covering all sectors of the economy.
- Is it a new tax to the consumer?
GST is a new tax to replace the present Sales Tax and Service Tax.
- Why do the Telcos implement GST on prepaid service now?
GST is proposed to replace the current consumption tax i.e. sales tax and service tax. The introduction of GST is part of the Government’s tax reform programme to enhance the efficiency and effectiveness of the existing taxation system. As telecommunication services are treated as a supply of services, GST shall be imposed on the provision of such prepaid services.
- How will the GST on prepaid and postpaid services work? How much does the consumer need to pay after the implementation of GST?
Telecommunication services are treated as a standard-rated supply and a 6% GST shall be imposed on the supply of such services.
For prepaid services, GST shall be charged upon the activation of the services based on the value of the reload.
For postpaid services, GST shall be charged based on the monthly statement amount for the billing period that the service was used.
- Will a Duty Free location such as Langkawi be exempted from GST?
Based on item 2(c) of the GST (Imposition of Tax for Supplies in respect of Designated Areas) Order 2014 [P.U. (A) 187/2014], telecommunication services supplied within or between Designated Areas are subject to GST.
- What about international roaming service? Is GST still chargeable?
As stated in the GST (Zero-rated supply) Order 2014 [P.U. (A) 272/2014], outbound roaming services are treated as a zero-rate supply. However, making international calls from Malaysia to any other location is subject to GST.
- What happens if resellers / agents sell their prepaid stocks only after the implementation of GST?
Prepaid stocks in which the current service tax had been paid for would not be subject to GST. However, for new stocks, GST shall be imposed upon activation of the prepaid voucher.
- If I have purchased a prepaid reload or sim before 1 April, is it still valid for use? Will I be charged GST?
Yes, such prepaid reload or SIM is still valid to be used after 1st April and if the service tax has been paid for on these reloads and SIM, then it shall not be subject to GST.
- Who shall I contact for clarifications on the GST?
You may contact our Altel Customer Care at 13388 or +603 2613 3888. Or you may visit the Royal Malaysian Customs Department website (http://www.gst.customs.gov.my) directly for further information.
- What about the old stocks, i.e. SIM card and reload cards?
Old stocks without display of RRP GST included will be sold at previous old price. Service Tax has been paid and absorbed by the Telco provider.
- Who shall I report for any irregularities?
Official complaints on GST can be lodged with the Royal Malaysia Customs Department in the website (http://www.gst.customs.gov.my)
- What about donations made via mobile to shortcode? Is GST still chargeable?
Donation that is tax exempted will not have GST. For prepaid, the GST will be reimbursed back in the form of adjustment to the airtime the following day.
- How do I obtain the tax invoice receipt?
You may contact our Altel Customer Care at 13388 or +603 2613 3888. You may complete the form provided.
- Will Altel charge GST to customers who make overseas calls/SMS from Malaysia?
Yes, 6% GST will be applicable to all International Direct Dial (IDD) transactions (Voice/Video/SMS/MMS) from Malaysia.
- Will customers who wish to transfer or request Share Kredit be charged with GST?
For prepaid customers, 6% GST is imposed upon reload purchase. No further deduction for GST incurred when transferring or requesting credit via Share Kredit.
- Will all reload channels impose the 6% GST charge?
Yes. All reload channels ( Reload Cards, Easy Reload & e-banking) will charged 6% GST
- If I purchase new starter pack, will I be charged for GST?
No. 6% GST is included in the starter pack price.
- Why am I paying more for reload since the 6% GST replaces the 6% SST?
The price of reload was never inclusive of the 6% SST previously. For example, a customer who purchases RM10 reload will receive RM10 credit.